[Vm-dev] Question on VM for Apple's M1

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 16 18:15:59 UTC 2021

> On 2021-05-16, at 7:11 AM, Rafael Ignacio Matías Sniechowski <0800nacho at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Hope you are all well,
> Just subscribed to the list.
> I mostly use Cuis-Smalltalk which uses the same VM as Squeak.
> I was wondering if there are plans to release a VM specifically for the new Apple M1 arm64 chip.

Well we already have arm64 cog VMs; it's what I use as my main earn-a-living-machine. Specifically for Apple M1 ... not completely certain if it is releaseable yet because that is somewhat different to commodity ARM64 and the Mac OS stuff adds some security related issues for dynamic translation.

tim
Strange OpCodes: PWB: Put to Waste Basket