[Vm-dev] ulimit rat-rio setting (was Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Do not use linux-latest runner, use an older stable version. (#598))

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Tue Sep 28 22:12:29 UTC 2021

This reminds me to ask (probably again) if anyone actually understands ubuntu and getting the rtprio settings to 'take'.

I have the suggested /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf etc but it appears to be ignored - at least the VM complains about it. Since `ulimit -a` tells me that rtprio is 0, I suspect it is correct to complain. I've spent way too long trying to make sense of what I find with googling. This has been going on for ages (so, yes, the machine has been rebooted) and every now and then I try to make some sense of it.

tim
Useful random insult:- His shared libraries aren't installed.