[Vm-dev] ulimit rat-rio setting (was Re: [OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm] Do not use linux-latest runner, use an older stable version. (#598))

Tobias Pape Das.Linux at gmx.de
Wed Sep 29 14:59:32 UTC 2021

Hi

> On 29. Sep 2021, at 15:59, Phil B <pbpublist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> A tangential FYI: the Debian packaging will be taking care of this as part of the installation.

that's what I hoped for.

>  Currently it installs the /etc/security/limits.d/squeak.conf file and I'll look into adding the pam.d part as well.

Noooo don't change pam_d stuff. :D
Debian has now its own pam management stuff and we should not mess with it.

I was actually only curious whether tim's /etc/pam.d/* contains a reference to pam_limits, to see whether limits are applied in the first place.
Since a reboot helped, the answer is, yes, pam_limits applied.

So let's not get ahead of ourselves and let pam be :)

> Of course if there's a way to get the functionality without the config tweaking, that would be even better.  If not, well that's one of the many reasons we have packages ;-)

Exactly.

Best regards
	-Tobias