[Vm-dev] Primitive 126 | Its problems and its future :-)

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Wed Apr 27 21:49:39 UTC 2022

Please let's talk live on this; email is crap for debating this sort of thing and far too often just gets everyone cross.

Whilst it's certainly true that the prim 126 has failed to return any useful flag value since at least 1998 (the earliest mention I have in email/source) it *does* set a value that is freely available to platform specific code. Mind you, the value is not initialised by default, which could cause much fun.

The only platform code I see that does reference it is Windows in ioForceDisplayUpdate(). Many platform versions of that do nothing, others actually move bits.

Given that this flag appears to be ignored in Mac code, how is it involved in the window dragging?

tim
Strange OpCodes: XYZZY: Branch and Play Adventure