[Webteam] "Powered by Squeak" logo needed?

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Fri Dec 16 18:48:28 CET 2005

Darius Clarke wrote:

>OK.
>Done with the logos.
>
>What do you think?
>
>http://wwwtest.squeak.org

Darius,

I like what you've done with the Squeak logo. Nice job!
The only two things that I would suggest are:
* Need a smaller version. And maybe a tiny version and an itsy-bitsy
version.
* Change the fonts to a type of sans serif style. I wouldn't get fancy
with the fonts UNLESS there is a font that people identify squeak with.
I don't think there is. Also, if you use a sans serif style (like helv,
ariel whatever) the logo will scale better when going smaller and smaller.

You might also think about the color of the logo. Since the site seems
to be settling on the background of a light bluish-purple pastel, you
might want to contrast that with changing the logo color to something
with a yellow-base (like #e9b720) or a red-base (like #ff5230) so the
logo will stand out on the page. You would definitely have to play
around with it. I would also add that the other two colors at the site
will make it a bit harder to find the right logo color --- but I would
not let the green and orange colors influence your color choice.

brad

brad