[Webteam] News on first page

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Feb 14 07:43:51 CET 2006

Hi folks!

Added a small News section (or re-added, it was there before the
"crash") with an entry about the election. Also added links to Planet
Squeak, but not in the boxlet on the right - dunno how to do that (or
rather, I forgot).

These changes are on both www and wwwtest. I took the liberty of
publishing them immediately.

Question: Should the News section be on the very top? It might otherwise
not be noticed and since it is very small it makes sense to me. IMHO we
could keep it small, with only the most important news items (like new
Squeak releases etc) and maximum 3-4 entries.

A feed that has been discussed (with typically many more entries) should
IMHO be in a boxlet or at the bottom of the first page - but then it
gets a bit too long.

regards, Göran