[Webteam] News on first page

goran at krampe.se goran at krampe.se
Tue Feb 14 22:28:01 CET 2006

Hi!

Brad Fuller <brad at sonaural.com> wrote:
> I like it on top (of course) too.

I published it like that now.

> I like that there are links to other news, but I would remove anything
> that is not "news". Why not provide links directly to Squeak Weekly?
>
> --
> I placed a link to Planet Squeak 2 using Feed2JS on the wwwtest site. I
> looked for other RSS feeds, but I didn't find any and the Planet Squeak
> RSS feed seems to be not working.
>
> Anyway, check it out.

Mmmmm. Nifty I agree, but I am not sure this is the way to go. I think
it clutters the frontpage way too much. Having feeds like this in a
boxlet or in a separate page is fine.

But regarding the frontpage I rather think we should point to Planet
Squeak etc and instead only include (manually) the Really Important News
Items, like Squeak releases, VM releases, elections and or similar "main
events".

regards, Göran