[Webteam] Suggestion for Squeak Website

MLSCHEIMAN at aol.com MLSCHEIMAN at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 04:23:58 UTC 2007

Over 10 years ago I was on a development team at Levi Strauss in San
Francisco. 10 programmers and one manager plus 2 contractors. The language we  chose
to develop a prototype application was SmallTalk and ParcPlace sent
instructors from Palo Alto or wherever they were located at them time to give us  a 5
day class. I picked it up on the 3rd day and became the lead programmer.  About
a year later Levi was partnering with a robotice company in Fort Collins
Colorado and needed someone that knew smalltalk and I got the assingment. The
company was using Digitalk and I wasn't sure how much different in was so
because they were loosing a lot of money and were at least a year over due, I  was
flown first class to Chicago and got a room at a 5 start hotel across the
street from where the class was held. To make a long story short, I only wrote
one simple program that worked fine and installed a C program their programmer
had written. It was all designed to be run at a finishing center (industrial
laundromat) in Amarillo Texas. The Colorado company went out of business
before  anything worked correctly except the digitalk programs. So none of it ever
was  used and the finishing center was closed.

  What I need to know is if I can download Squeak and get it to run on
Windows XP. I would appreaciate if you could let me know if this is possible and
how to to it ?

      Mike Scheiman