[Webteam] Suggestion for Squeak Website

Göran Krampe goran at krampe.se
Thu Aug 23 06:37:25 UTC 2007

Hi guys!

> On Mon August 20 2007, MLSCHEIMAN at aol.com wrote:
>>   What I need to know is if I can download Squeak and get it to run on
>> Windows XP. I would appreaciate if you could let me know if this is
>> possible and how to to it ?
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> Yes, Squeak runs on several platforms. Several ways to download:
[SNIP]

I wonder if the question ("does it run on Windows XP?") might be due to
the fact that our Download page (http://squeak.org/Download/) only refers
to "win32" and not specifically to all of the brand names of Windows?

Perhaps we should add a list inside parenthesis - although that list is
pretty darn long, something like:

(Windows 95/98/ME/NT/XP/2000/Vista)

(Noting that CE is different)

Hmmm, does Squeak in fact also run on even older Windows? Not sure, I
don't remember :)

regards, Göran