[Webteam] Squeak License section in the About page and Licensing change

Larry Trutter stargazerzero at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:44:02 UTC 2007

>From: Alex Perez <aperez at alexperez.com>
>To: "Larry Trutter" <stargazerzero at hotmail.com>
>CC: karl.ramberg at comhem.se, webteam at lists.squeakfoundation.org
>Subject: Re: [Webteam] 2nd Draft of About section
>Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:26:53 -0800

>>>I think we should mention something somewhere about the work to  change
>>>the license. But I'm not sure about where.
>>>karl
>>
>>Yes. Maybe on the license page?
>This may be an unpopular viewpoint, maybe not, but I'd suggest you  place
>it prominently as a sticky news item *on the front page* until  it's
>finalized.

Looks like I haven't recieved any objections. I could proceed to remove
"Squeak License" section from the "About" page; rely on the Squeak License
page (no change to that page)?

To say something about the licensing change, I'll try to research the web
and put a very brief statement together (hopefully, it's already in the
announcement somewhere).
Options are:
      1) That paragraph could be in a separate section in the Squeak License
page, clearly indicating that this is a news item, not part of the license
section.
     2) Somehow, put a sticky news items on the Front page until it's
finilized
     3) Or a separate page for that statement until it's finalized

Any thoughts?

-Larry Trutter