[Webteam] Trouble at Squeak Website

Asselin Raymond raymondasselin at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 22 15:05:51 UTC 2007

>Jim Lyons skrev:
>> The installation instructions are (appear) missing on
>>
>> http://www.squeak.org/Documentation/Installation
>>
>> (Using Mac OS 10.3.9, Safari)
>Yes, you are right. Do anyone have a write up on installing
Squeak on
>MacOSX ?
>
>Karl

If I understand a write up is a short peace of text so, here it is:

- First you have to download the mac release which is a zip folder.
IF you have set Safari appropriately this folder will unzip
automatically after the download, else just unzip it by  double
cliking on it (on OSX).
- The folder contents all the files you need.  You can put the
folder somewhere on your hard disk and drag the .image file on
the .app file and thats’it.
- Alternatively you can pick the .app file (this is the Squeak Virtual
Machine for the Mac, including lots of pluggins) and put it in the
Application folder so that when you’ll double clik an .image file
Squeak will start automagically.

Note: to see the pluggins select the .app file pressing ctrl key and
select in the context menu ‘Afficher le contenu du paquet’ (sorry I
don’t have en english version of OSX at hand).  Open the
‘contents’ folder,  the pluggins are in the resources folder.