[Webteam] Re: Main page colors

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Sat Jan 13 02:21:51 UTC 2007

Ken G. Brown wrote:
> Next shrunk version of the latest. Are these helpful to you?

Don't use your energy.
> Headers are exactly the same color of dark blue as the left top pane.

Yeah... you caught me in mid-flight on the last one.

Anyway.. .here's how i see it.

The original creators, and some others, like the multicolored approach.
That's ok, it's just a different approach. And, is actually much like
squeak's workspace... at least the older ones. At least it makes the
site non-corporate-like. But, when you go beyond 3 or 4 colors, things
don't tie together (except that they _don't_ tie together.)

The reason I went to the very light background in the center was that it
was tough to read blue links on blue (the current site.) And, the most
important aspect of the site is to get the word out. Of course, some of
that "word" is the aesthetics of squeak.

Anyway, the blue headers and menu aren't really the "pastel,
squeak-like" colors. But, it makes it more readable.

I kinda like the chalk blue because it ties in the top blue, it's still
pastel - ish, and it's makes a readable bg color.

But, heck, I don't care. I just wanted to do a bit of this... not take
up my whole day!

If someone comes up with a cool color scheme, send me the colors in hex,
tag where they go, and I'll put it up for others to see.