[Webteam] Choosing the platform for website

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Jul 7 16:24:56 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I think now a time came to finally choose a platform and to upgrade our
website. You know, Jun with exams is over and every Squeaker has now a
time. Holidays? What holidays? ;)

So, we have two proposals on-line:

     Aida/Web/Scribo based: http://squeaksite.aidaweb.si/
     Seaside/Pier based: http://squeak.lukas-renggli.ch/

One is also mine as you know, so I will from now on always declare in
advance if I speak as a webteam leader or a proposer. Now I'm speaking
as a team leader. I promise to be as honest as possible.

I propose that the end of July is a deadline to a final decision. In the
meantime both contenders should:

   - prepare a replica of current website with all existing features
     and the same design
   - prepare a Contact Us solution to prevent spam

Any suggestions, any comments?

Best regards
Janko
Web team leader