[Webteam] Choosing the platform for website

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jul 18 08:19:14 UTC 2008

Brad Fuller wrote:

> I like Pier too, as I've argued for it before on this mailing list.
> I suggest that the people who do work on the site, the webteam, should
> have some greater say in this selection -- simply because they are the
> ones that are going to use it. I'm familiar with Pier, but Aida looks
> very capable as well. The nice thing about Pier is that we have
> several users and developers of Pier amongst us.

Speaking as proposer: I think mastering Aida/Scribo isn't a big deal as
others already feel too. Also, as you can see, we deliver, and that's
not only me. Maybe I'm the loudest but Nicolas made quite some things on
our proposal, not to mention that he is the main developer of Scribo
recently. And he is already expressed a will to join webteam in case
Scribo is selected for squeak.org.

Best regards
Janko