[Webteam] Demo of squeak.org on Aida/Scribo ready

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:26:27 UTC 2008

>  Lukas -- you have a demo site available?

I announced it on squeak-dev:

   http://squeak.lukas-renggli.ch

Username/Password for full admin rights (no restrictions, except for
user management):

   demo/demo

>  Here's another wrench in the works (by the way, I'm loving this
>  competition)... What about auto-translation of the site?  Squeak has
>  some support for translating text.

The Squeak support for multiple languages is just for UI items that
are manually translated. It is not possible to translate full
sentences. There are online services that do that, but the quality is
quite bad.

Personally I don't feel like translating the Squeak site would serve
any purpose. We should concentrate the forces on having up-to date
English content.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli