[Webteam] Moving Board page from Foundation to Community?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed May 21 09:46:30 UTC 2008

Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2008/5/20 Brad Fuller <bradallenfuller at gmail.com>:

>>> The "Foundation" and the pages underneath are created and maintained
>>> by the Foundation themselves. It seems logical that the Board page is
>>> there, at least to me.
>>>
>> Maybe, but what is missing on "Board" page, is description, what is
>> it, how it created, its functions e.t.c.
>> I suggest someone of board's members with better knowledge of English
>> (than me) should help with providing this info to Web-Team.
>
> I think Tim maintains the pages. There is info on the Foundation page,
> maybe it needs enhancing, but that is up to the Foundation.

Let we look at this as a regular visitor of our website. A regular
Squeaker for instance. He surely heard about the Board recently, because
the board started to act really as a head of entire Squeak community and
not only the Foundation. That is, it act on technical issues too, not
only the (simply said) founding issues as Foundation is for.

 From that we can easily conclude that the Board page belongs more to
the community, because it will be more logical and therefore more easily
accessible to the regular Squeaker.

Well, by pure organization logic it belongs to Foundation page of
course, but from the practical and usability standpoint it belongs to
Community. That way the visibility of the Board will be enhanced. And
main goal of the website is to provide basic information to the
community as simply, visibly, clean as possible.

Best regards
JAnko