[Webteam] Reply to the list, not to the sender

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed May 21 13:43:25 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Janko" == Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> writes:

Janko> I changed our mailing list setting so that replies goes by default always back
Janko> to the list and not to the sender, to have the same behavior as on the
Janko> squeak-dev list.

Please don't. {sigh}

Note: this is *not* a board request.  Just a request of an internet old-timer
who has seen that this URL is highly instructive.  Note the last few
paragraphs:

  In case you are wondering, yes, I once thought Reply-To munging was a nifty
  idea. I got better though.

  When I started running email lists, I munged 'em all. One day I accidentally
  sent a private, personal reply out over one of my own damn lists. If the
  list owner can't remember how to use the list properly, no way will the
  subscribers be able to sort it out. I stopped munging the very next day.

Pay attention to the man with scars.

And I didn't realize that squeak-dev is also that way.  That'll be my next
personal mission.