[Webteam] Links reorganization

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 15:06:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 2:31 AM, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
> Hi webteam,
>
> I'm looking for the links section on the left and I would propose to
> reorganize it. Reasons:
>
> - too much links, therefore each is not visible enough (7 +/- 2 rule)
> - replicated links, project links for instance are the same as on first
>  page (notable projects) and again on Projects page

The main reason the major projects are here is because of advertising:
squeak has some cool projects. I would say it's for the visitors that
are new to squeak - to show that squeak has been used in a variety of
commercial applications

> - Squeak Mailing Lists should go among Community links in menu

sounds right.

> - SqueakVM link is too specific to be on every page, I would put it on
>  Projects page, or on Teams one.

both would be appropriate.

> So, my proposal for links would be:
>
> - Squeak By Example (what's this? Maybe just Squeak Book?)

it is, maybe it goes in the education section.
Oppss.. we don't have a Education section. Maybe we need one! IT's in
the Documentation page, so why don't we remove it here?

> - Squeak Wiki   (not Swiki)

Good idea.

> - SqueakPeople
> - SqueakLand (what's this?)

An important link to Alan's and Kim's site for etoys

> ------
> - SqueakMap
> - SqueakSource (what is difference?)

They're two different sites.

> - Bug Reporting

We could add a Applications section:

Etoys  <--- we don't advertise Etoys enough
Croquet
Seaside
====================================

Proposal: