[Webteam] Suggestion for Squeak Website

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Oct 24 09:00:43 UTC 2008

Hi Sean,

Sean Allen wrote:

> I noticed that squeak.org was down for several days.
>
> I'd be more than happy to donate the small cost of monitoring the site
> so that if it isnt responding, the parties needed to get it restarted
> are notified.
>
> If you are interested in taking me up on the offer, send whatever email
> address or cell phone number ( via sms ) you would want alerted.

Thank you for your offer. We actually have such monitoring in place but
it doesn't help much if server far away from you go down. So we need to
think more in direction of setting up redundancy or something. I'm sure
we will soon start discussion about that, just that box team guys come
back from OOPSLA.

But thanks again, we welcome people with initiatives!
Janko