[Webteam] List of tasks regarding removing references to Foundation squeak.org

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 02:01:55 UTC 2009

- main menu
  remove the menu item 'Foundation'

- /Foundation should be merged with /Community/Teams page

in 'How its run' sub-section , i think we should remove notice about
Wednesdays, it is better to say something like following:

 - the team meet online at minimum twice per month, to discuss the
current agenda items. The agenda list is publicly availabe at (....)
and mainained by team secretary.

Team is open to hear any outstanding issues and proposals by Squeak
community members for dusscussing them during next board meeting.
Feel free to submit/comment team agenda items here (... ) or write a
private mail to ....

(someone with better English, please rephrase the above :)

- /Foundation/Board/ should be merged with  /Community/Teams

- Foundation/SupportSqueak/ page..
  i'm not sure what to do with it. There are multiple references to
'Foundation' including text on badges, but also PayPal links, which we
have to leave to be able to receive donations.
I think we could simply make a separate section named 'Support us'
which should be visible as a top-level menu item in main menu.
Also, it would be nice to have a button under 'Powered by Squeak' with
'Support Us', which leads to that page.
And since Randal joined another board, which accepting donations, we
should add it there as well? Randal?

- Teams page rewrite:
 as i proposed, i see it as a list of teams with more detailed
decription for each team:

- first comes a team model description (or i think it would better to
create a separate page for it and put a link on teams page leading to
it ).

- next comes a Current teams list (not tabular, just a nicely
formatted text with team names as headings):

 - Team name
    - Team description, like its goals, way how people could
participate etc etc.
    - Current team members, team leader(s)
    - update stamp

(reminder) Ken should contact the teams to check if they are still
there, and ask them to describe the team role & workflow, and possibly
give the list of team members, so we will use them to fill the team
descriptions.

Once we agree with list above, i will add a verified list of tasks to
blog , so it will not vanish untill everything will be done :)
Janko, should we break the list of changes on stages, so you can make
them gradually?

Waiting for your comments.

Igor Stasenko AKA sig.