[Webteam] Upgrade steps (was Re: How to log ...)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Jun 18 19:28:37 UTC 2012

Hi guys,

Sorry for being a bit late but because I'm just finishing one such
migration of commercial Aida based app on VisualWorks for one customer,
I refreshed the procedure a bit and this will come handy to our case too :)

In short, you make such upgrade in three steps:

1. prepare a newest Squeak image but with an Aida, Scribo etc. versions
   as in old image,

2. export data (right AIDASite instance with its whole object tree)
   from old image and import in a new one,

2. carefully upgrade the Aida etc code to the newest version.

What I don't know is how to export/import data in Squeak. With SIXX?

Best regards
Janko