[Webteam] Running current Aida and Scribo in Trunk could use some advice

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Jun 21 20:25:04 UTC 2012

Am 21.06.2012 22:04, schrieb Janko Mivšek:

> On 21. 06. 2012 21:55, Herbert König wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When loading the latest and greatest
>> Sport 2.031; Swazoo 2.3beta2.6; Aida6.4-janko.5; scribo1.0-beta-janko.9
>> I get the DNU from my previous post which is caused by Aida6.4-janko5
>> having changed
>> Object>>firstRequestFromStack
>> isBlock not
>>    and: [(stContext receiver isKindOf: AIDASite)
>>      and: [stContext arguments size > 1
>> "------------- this condition was added"
> And it seems Pharo understands that while Squeak not?

I have no knowledge of Pharo, too little time to follow another Smalltalk.

> Can you just skip usage of tham method by temporary commenting it out?

I made it return false in case it's used in other places and it works
now. I get three additional links on the bottom of the welcome page.
They all seem to work but after I looked back at the Squeak image I got
several more debuggers.

They all seem to originate from WikiPage>>preferedUrl in
ifTrue: [^'/wiki/', self title replaceSpecialCharacters asLowercase,
'.html']
where title is a ByteString which DNU #replaceSpecialCharacters

I continue commenting out and report where that gets me.

> Normally you should not cope with that, this is really internal stuff.
> But when some method is directly or indireclty using #first*FromStack
> methods, you should know the basic idea and consequences, as said
> specially that you cannot debug such method call because those
> #first*FromStack methods will fail finding desired reference from the
> calling stack.

I understood the last point.

Thanks,

Herbert