[Webteam] Fun with Selenium

Chris Cunnington smalltalktelevision at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 17:01:37 UTC 2012

On 2012-11-19 2:18 PM, Herbert König wrote:

> That's what I use selenium for. I fire up several computers (VM'S)
> with Firefox and start the tests on each.

You have different vms for different OSs?
> Then I log into my hosted server, fire up top and watch memeory and
> cpu. Same time I RFB into my Squeak and play with vm statistics.
You get the actions to run over and over. That's why the file you send
has the same actions repeated, I guess.

> When I'm back home we can do that, or if you like (and use Firefox)
> you get the addon Selenium and run the attached test (file, open, run)
> on as many machines as you like. Yes it's HTML and you can copy paste
> as many of the tr as you want to make it run longer. This is a real
> stupid test, just clicking up and down the menu on the left.

OK, I get it. I Add Test Case... and load your SqueakSiteLonger.html
file into Selenium, fire up a terminal, and top -d 1 and watch at the
speed I set for it. Nifty.

> Just don't want to shoot your server by running any number of long
> tests at full speed unsolicited.
>
> wget and test attached.

The files you downloaded with the non-RESTful file names are from the
wget test. And they don't conclude. They just time out.