[Webteam] Squeak.org Website | Relaunch

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Sun May 8 02:10:22 UTC 2016

For odd reasons I was looking at the documentation page at http://squeak.org/documentation/ and noticed that the links to the Blue Book etc are still only to amazon when there are free online versions of several. Which reminded me that I had asked about this before and so I found this mail from last June.

Latest pointers that I would ask y ou to edit into the page:

Blue Book - http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/BlueBook/
Green Book - http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/BitsOfHistory/BitsOfHistory.pdf
Orange Book - http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/TheInteractiveProgrammingEnv/TheInteractiveProgrammingEnv.pdf
Squeak by Example - http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/Books/SBE/SqueakByExample-EN.pdf
Design patterns Smalltalk companion -  http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/SmalltalkDesignPatternCompanion
Smalltalk with style - http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/WithStyle/SmalltalkWithStyle.pdf
A Taste of Smalltalk  - http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/Taste/
Inside Smalltalk vol 1 - http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/InsideST/InsideSmalltalk.pdf
Inside Smalltalk vol 2 - http://sdmeta.gforge.inria.fr/FreeBooks/InsideST/InsideSmalltalkII.pdf

> On 24-06-2015, at 9:42 AM, tim Rowledge <tim at rowledge.org> wrote:
>

> On 24-06-2015, at 9:28 AM, Fabio Niephaus <fabio.niephaus at student.hpi.de> wrote:
>> After several weeks of running our new website at http://newsite.squeak.org, we are planning to make it our official new web presence Monday next week. In perspective of the upcoming ECOOP and the co-located Pharo workshop, Monday will give us a few more days to address issues if any.
>
> This is really good. Excellent work.
>

>> Please let us know if there are further hints for improvement.
>
> In the documentation section you point to a lot of useful books, but many of them are available online and it would be really nice to point to those versions too. You can harvest many links from
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2983 and
> http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/689
>
> In particular the Blue Book is online along with many others at Stef’s site. Err, or they were. I get a French 404 when I try http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr/Books/Squeak/ but some poking around suggests
> is now the place.
>

> tim
> --
> Strange OpCodes: CRN: Compare to Random Number

tim
Programming is an art form that fights back.