Monticello packaging

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Wed Feb 23 16:55:49 UTC 2005

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:39:48 -0500, Rob Gayvert <rtg at rochester.rr.com>
wrote:

> Okay, steps 1-3 were easy, and now I have this nice view of everything
> in a SnapshotBrowser. The classes in *Extensions are slow to browse, but
> other than that it's great. Could you whip up a bundle script for this?

Of course, you don't need to do a lot more than this. Most modern Squeak
images should have MCInstaller so they can load straight Monticello files.

Monticello has the nice property that every version is completely
self-contained: it has the full code, and information about its ancestry.
So if you save the MC file to a repository, you can then put it up for
download, I can grab and install it, and send you sensible patches from
there.