wxWidgets 2.5.4

Rob Gayvert rtg at rochester.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 17:57:18 UTC 2005

Here's an announcement from Julian Smart about the latest wxWidgets release:

>wxWidgets 2.5.4 has been released: please click on the Download
>link on the wxWidgets site at http://www.wxwidgets.org.
>
>This is a development snapshot and will quickly be followed
>up by 2.5.5 and 2.6 in March. Please report problems to
>the Bug Tracker at SourceForge, or this list (or wx-dev
>if you are subscribed): this will help us iron out any
>issues before the stable release.

Note that 2.5.X are considered "unstable" development releases, and 2.6
is the next official stable release.

My current plan is to release wxSqueak 0.4 using wxWidgets 2.5.3,
followed shortly by a 0.4.1 release based on wxWidgets 2.5.4. The 0.5
release will be based on wxWidgets 2.6.  The 0.4.1 release will probably
be modularized and packaged with Monticello in some form once we figure
it out.

I don't anticipate any major API changes for these new wxWidgets
releases. There are a couple of new controls and assorted changes, but
nothing significant from a wxSqueak perspective.