Win VM modifications

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Thu Mar 3 16:08:52 UTC 2005

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 15:38:49 +0100, Andreas Raab <andreas.raab at gmx.de>
wrote:

>       DispatchMessage(&msg);

Ah. so this gets done already (sorry, my last windoze hacking experience
was I think when Win 3.1 was hot).

> I think you have a major bug in your thought process - as far as I can
> tell (and as far as I know Windows) your windows should get the events
> just fine (see above explanation). Unless there is some very strange
> magic in the main loop of wxWindows (do you have the source for the
> mainloop?) this ought to work with no further modifications.

If it ought to work I vote for making it work :). Whether it's a problem
with the thought process or with wxWidgets (having browsed the wxWindows
source code, I'm in favor of blaming everything on them, I am quite
unforgiving to people who still use preprocessor hacks well over a decade
after C++ got templates), we should fix this.

Personally, I think I'd rather see a patch in wxWidgets than in Squeak.
It'd be soo much cleaner if wxSqueak would build as just a plugin...