wxSqueak compiling error +

Petr Fischer petr.fischer at praguesoft.cz
Tue May 16 22:58:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have problems recompiling wxSqueak on my Fedora Core 5.

Base compilation steps (by Rob Gayvert)
----------------------

> 1. Download the source archive (I just added a .tgz version)
> 2. Unpack the source archive.
> 3. cd to platforms/unix
> 4. Create a build directory and run configure:
>          mkdir build; cd build; ../config/configure
> --with-src=platform/unix/src
> 5. Apply the changes in platforms/unix/config/WxChanges.txt to
Makefile
> and WxPlugin/Makefile.
>    (These should eventually be folded into the configure script, but
for now you'll have to do it by hand)
> 6. Run make. This should create a squeak executable, which you can
move to your directory with the wxsqueak image.

This error occurs in step (4):
[pf at pf build]$ ../config/configure --with-src=platform/unix/src
checking sanity of VMMaker src directory... bad
missing dir: /home/pf/src/wxsqueak041src/platform/unix/src

But directory "/home/pf/src/wxsqueak041src/platform/unix/src" exists.

Is there any bug in configure VMMaker sanity check?

Any newer wxSqueak versions?
Is wxSqueak compatible with Squeak 3.9?

Thanks, pf