[Wxsqueak] Problems recompiling

Peter Gadzinski of MaxScheduler.com peter at maxscheduler.com
Sat Dec 13 02:31:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

First off I wanted to say that I'm thankful for the integration of
WxWidgets into Squeak. We have a scheduling tool that has always been
a little awkward to use because of morph interface. I reprogrammed
some of the UI elements using WxSqueak and the results are promising.

I'm looking to recompile a version of the WxSqueak virtual machine for windows.
I would like it called MaxScheduler.exe. Also for the 'X' button I wanted the pop-up question to be 'Would you like to exit MaxScheduler?' .

A couple of years ago I successfully recompiled a Squeak3.0 VM. I downloaded the source from www.wxsqueak.org and tried to follow the instructions at vmsqueak.org. When I try the recompile I get the following error:

C:\WxSqueak\wxsqueak0.5.1-src\platforms\win32>build.bat
*Initialization*:1: warning: `__MINGW32__' redefined
*Initialization*:1: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
Assembler messages:
FATAL: Can't create ./release/sqNamedPrims.o: No such file or directory
make: *** [sqNamedPrims.o] Error 1

Any suggestions?

--
Best regards,