[Wxsqueak] WxSqueak Constants

Rob Rothwell r.j.rothwell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 07:28:12 UTC 2009

First, a newbie question:

How do you get away with using constants directly in WxSqueak like wxIdAny,
without quotes or an #?  I can't figure that one out!

Also, I am just trying to learn how to get around in WxSqueak by creating a
simple tabbed editor.  I can't figure out which event lets me know I have
switched tabs (pages) so I can give the focus to the text editor without
having to click in the edit window as well.  Any hints?  The wxWidgets
documentation indicates a *EVT_NOTEBOOK_PAGE_CHANGED* message, so I was
looking for something like wxEvtNotebookPageChanged, but it doesn't exist.
Just not implemented?

I know these are very basic questions, but there are basic Smalltalk things
I don't know how to figure out.

I keep coming back to this because it is the one UI framework for Squeak I
seem to be able to understand and figure out on my own...

Thanks,

Rob