Here is a draft.
How to make a new RC of the OSVM:
- Tag specific commit with its UTC timestamp, e.g., 202205110711 for May 11, 2022 at 7:11
- Run all "Build for*" workflows manually for that tag
- Verify that a pre-release was created for that tag, containing all build artifacts
How to make a new release of the OSVM:
- Do a new RC (see above)
- Edit that GitHub pre-release to be an actual release
- Change the description to have some release notes on the changes
How to make use of OSVM-RC in squeak-app bundles:
- Maybe do a new RC (see above)
- In any branch's bundle.yml, set VM_RC_TAG in prepare-bundles job to the RC tag
How to make use of a new OSVM release in squeak-app bundles:
- Maybe make a new VM release (see above)
- Update the files in http://files.squeak.org/base/ for the Squeak versions of your choice
- ⚠️ Watch out for minor differences between OSVM packaging and what vm-*.zip expects. For example, Linux has an extra indirection that needs to be removed. And those macOS .dmg packages have to be converted to .zip for squeak-app.
Reply to this email directly, view it on GitHub, or unsubscribe.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.