[Newbies] Sqeak install from source under linux problem

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Sun Jul 16 13:57:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 06:04:41PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Am 15.07.2006 um 16:03 schrieb David T. Lewis:
> >
> >I am guessing that the Squeak-3.8.-6665-i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.77.tar
> >file
> >is part of your Vector distribution, right?
>
> Actually, I assumed it's the one from
>
> 	http://squeak.org/Download/
>
> That download is not particularly newbie-friendly.

Oh, I see. And it's also missing the OSProcessPlugin that Ian normally
includes, which is what caught my attention.

> The squeak.org download usually includes the latest stable version
> from squeakvm.org, in this case 3.7-7, because there is no official
> 3.8 VM for Linux.

The latest stable VM is called "3.9-7". This will work fine with older
Squeak images, including Squeak 3.8.

I entered a bug report in Mantis (#4269) to suggest updating the
Squeak.org links.

Dave