[Newbies] Some sample code to help understand Morphic applications

Another Dave dooright101 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 18 00:40:50 UTC 2006

Neither Squeak 3.8 nor 3.9 will give me that "file in" button, but now that
I know the .mcz extension means Monticello I can make my incoming directory
a repository and open it. From there I can load the image.

Starting things off with "SampleImageViewerMorph new"  in a workspace is
really basic, but it is something that us new guys just don't get until
we've done a few examples. I gather that the final class in the listing will
generally be the one that you start the program with--bottom-up programming,
as in Forth?

System browser, rt click on class category, then select printOut is another
command that isn't talked about much, and I guess you have to "just know"
that the .html output listing is not really HTML, but now I have a printed
listing with lots of comments, and a running program with buttons and
graphics.

Nice! Thanks!