[Newbies] Problems with do:

andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com andy.burnett at knowinnovation.com
Sat Sep 16 21:51:41 UTC 2006

I need someone to poke me with a clue stick please!

I am trying to step through a file a line at a time.  I had the idea that
this should work

aFileStream nextLine do: [ :line| Transcript show: line; cr.].

Unfortunately (as will be obvious to everyone) what it actually does is
print a character at a time.  It took me a while to realise that   -
aFileStream nextLine  - is returning a string and the   -  do:  - passing
the block to each character.

I need a way of passing the block to the string a line at a time. Or
perhaps I have got this totally back to front and there is a much easier
way of doing this?

Cheers
AB