[Newbies] Strange behavior on Squeak 3.10 alpha

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Apr 5 19:08:54 UTC 2007

El 4/5/07 1:46 PM, "Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas"
<offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co> escribió:

> Hi all,
>
> First, thanks for the development of 3.10 alpha, it seems to integrate
> nicely behaviors of different squeak images and work well with change
> set from olpc. I have migrated from 3.9 to 3.10 alpha.
>
> On Squeak 3.10 alpha #7068 I get the look and feel I wanted (the
> Extremadura's Squeak one) and when I create a new project, the dock bar
> is inside it. This doesn't happen on 3.9 where, if I create a new
> project the dock bar is not and I need to go to the world menu and then
> disable an re-enable the "show dock bar" option. Also, any time that I
> go from an inner project to an outer one I get this message:
>
> MessageNotUnderstood: TTCFont>>fontArray
>
> So seems that 3.10 alpha #7068 was in fact better for me that 3.9, but
> today I update to 3.10alpha#7070 and I get the same behavior that I was
> getting on 3.9. Any pointer to a solution?
>
> Also, seems that 3.10 would be more modular that 3.9 because things like
> eToys would be (un)loadable at will. Do you have more information on the
> plans for 3.10? This load can be made also for things that change the
> look and feel of Squeak like Bots Inc. or even Scratch?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Offray

First , you should know what could email me in Spanish and what we have a
very friendly Spanish group and Spanish things

http://wiki.gnulinex.org/squeakros (Swiki in Spain)
http://ar.geocities.com/edgardec2001/Welcome.html (Beginners tutorials ,
most in Spanish)

3.10 is the first step to more modular Squeak, we just begin the mechanics
of updates and try to correct any problems.
Today, you should reach 7078.

I was working with reduced images from a while and helping Pavel
MinimalMorphic.

Think what we are a company what are recycling some old building, several
stories tall.
For political reasons, you could't demolish using dynamite, as people have
homes into (bad but are HIS HOME)
But if you start from the top stories, demolish some, reshape some and let
they still use his ugly places ...

I have how unload Etoys and Nebraska unload/load safe and Pavel how to load
again in a 2.8 Mb big Morphic/Etoys.
I learn his technique and http://www.squeaksource.com/Ladrillos.html several
smaller experimental new shapes packages.
When 3.10 reach beta I retake this and hope we have a loadable Etoys and
Nebraska and 3.10 closer to MinimalMorphic .

What don't means you could load any .pr fro earlier Squeaks.

That's require some OLPC to 3.10 and 3.10 to OLPC "intelligent Bridge" (I
should patent iBridge earlier as Apple :=)

Saludos desde Rosario, Argentina

Edgar