[Newbies] Re: [Newbie's] Strange behavior on Squeak 3.10 alpha

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat Apr 7 14:26:23 UTC 2007

El 4/7/07 10:20 AM, "Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas"
<offray.luna at javeriana.edu.co> escribió:

> Thanks a lot. I have been browsing for a while the list messages and
> seems a nice place with humble people who knows Squeak. The only thing I
> dislike it's to be forced to get a YahooID and accepting their User
> Agreement for being part of this list (this will happen with any
> YourFavoriteEnterpriceGroup and in general with all the "Spamware"
> powered infrastructure).

Yes, some complain about Yahoo. I hope at some point could have a 24/24
machine what all could reach from web.
Extremadura peole set the swiki for us, use it as is less restrictive.

 >Have you considered the good and old mailman
> for the list? if yes, I could help on that matter.
Send private about mailman

> On #7070 I can't publish a project. I get the grid for publishing but
> then nothing. So I was trying to made the update. At some point it ask
> me for an account name and a password,

Yes I know the option of having how setup user and password is troublesome
and I fix.
I wish a more automatic update process and at some point we need put the new
Monticello packages into the 310 repository.

> I choose the option "Merge" and others but nothing happens, only
> "Cancel" works. After that I'm on 7080, but still publishing a project
> doesn't work.

Still Ralph and me are losted of why sometimes the image ask what to do and
sometimes no.
The correct option should be always install what the .cs said .
As example for 7080
"Collect changes of :
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php? = 5251
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php? = 5619
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php? = 5704
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php? = 5392"

ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10 new updatePackages: '
Morphic-edc.116(sd.115).mcd
Tests-edc.21(20).mcd
'

So you should finish having the Morphic 116 and the Test 21 on the
Monticello browser.

Is odd what you can't publish a project , as I convert several of 3.9 to
3.10 and saved.
Just made one in my image putting some morphs on World and could create a
new one.

What still I don't solve is importing 3.9 (or earlier) .pr , but I was
collecting info for doing some page in wiki.

> I have a problem publishing projects on 3.9alpha#7070 and updating
> works strange as I said before... the sense of fracture in all the
> Squeak images seems overwhelming sometimes.

I hope what 3.10 solves all his starting problems.
And tomorrow I put a complete image into servers and 3.10 ready to load
projects into a page of swiki.
Send private all yours and I see how manage in 3.10.

Nos leemos !!

Edgar