[Newbies] Squeak plugin Firefox/Ubuntu

Sam Christie kusasa at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Tue Aug 14 07:44:13 UTC 2007

I wonder if someone could help me on this one.

I am running Ubuntu (feisty) and have installed using Synaptic Package
Manager the following packages.

     squeak
     squeak image
     squeak sources
     squeak vm

I can run squeak locally on my machine - no problem.
However, when I try to run Squeaklets in Firefox , I am prompted to
install a plug-in. This then takes me  to the Squeakland website. Here I
am prompted to download and install a package that I already have. I
have tried installing this in any case but it does not help.

I have seen from the mailing list that npsqueakregister is the script to
run to register the plug-in with Firefox. I have done this and while the
script run happily (see below) I am still presented with the same error.

sam at sam-t43:/usr/lib/squeak$ sudo ./npsqueakregister
Registering /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/npsqueak.so
create symbolic link `/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/npsqueak.so' to
`/usr/lib/squeak/3.7-7/npsqueak.so'

Thanks,
Sam

--