[Newbies] The old inisqueak problem on Linux

Heiko Schroeder heikos28 at volny.cz
Wed Aug 22 22:44:21 UTC 2007

Hi Michael,.

> Which instructions are you following?
The instructions which follow after the successive run of the INSTALL-script.
The instructions about inisqueak are written on the manpage of squeak and
inisqueak as well.

BTW I do not have the problem to get Squeak run by myself. I know what to do.
But it is entirely different to the instructions given. And I think about
those who want to get acquainted to Squeak for the first time.

The package from www.squeak.org.

> Are you installing the package that
> comes with your Linux distribution?
Are there already such distributions? I wonder why SuSE does not have
integrated Squeak yet.

> I shall investigate this issue further and raise a bug report if there
> are problems.
As you said, there is a bug report already done in March this year. I did
several bug reports last year. But I cannot see any changes.

Regards Heiko

--
Heiko Schroeder
Praha, Ceska Republica