[Newbies] coming from VAST and being HU

RK hiding at freemail.hu
Fri Dec 7 06:29:18 UTC 2007

David,

thanks and also thanks for others helping. I was successfull to load
Freetype fonts and change them on the GUI.
It seems that if a glyph is missing from a font, squeak types a blank
character space (no glyph printed). But when typing o" and u" characters
nothing happens, so it could be another problem, not only a font-glyph
question.

I'm not interested in digging deeper into the system, as I'd like to
concentrate on applications porting but not system hacking.

I may continue my tests with ST/X and VisualWorks, but I'll follow this
mailing list and also the Squeak homepage as it seemed to be the best
choice until now with a very active community.

Thanks again for all your help!

Best regards

Robert