[Newbies] Squeak suitable for teaching 3D animation game programming at college level?

Il-Hyung Cho icho at svsu.edu
Thu Feb 22 20:25:45 UTC 2007

Well, the subject says all.

The purpose of the course is to learn object oriented analysis/design/development methodology, but students can pick their own application to develop. I think developing 3D game would fit well into the course. IMO, game programming fits very well to OO concepts. All the entities envolved in the game are implemented as objects and all of them have their own behavior. The overall development process should fit into OOA/OOD/OOP.

I came across a book titled "Object-Oriented Game Development" by Julian Gold. I guess I can use C++ or Java, but I wonder about Squeak.
Any idea?

Thanks,

Il-Hyung Cho
Ph.D. Computer Science