[Newbies] Error "All SqueakMap master servers are down"

jerryw jerry.webb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 14:33:55 UTC 2007

Just this week I have installed Squeak3.9-final-7076.image from the
www.squeak.org website. It starts fine but
whenever I evaluate "SMLoader open", I see a an alert box pop-up saying "All
SqueakMap master servers are down"
'map.squeak.org'
'map1.squealfoundation.org'
map2.squeakfoundation.org'
 - however I can ping them all from my server (which is behind a Squid proxy
but is otherwise able to contact any other http-based server running on any
port.  I'm being offered an option to debug this but I don't know where to
start, can anyone advise please?

-- Jerry Webb, LogicaCMG UK