[Newbies] Does anyone offer a squeak training course?

Ralph Johnson johnson at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 23 15:37:12 UTC 2007

I have taught a course at the U. of Ilinoist called "Object-Oriented
Programming and Design" for twenty years.  I've always used Smalltalk,
but for the past three years I've used Squeak.  It is aimed at grad
students, so it is fast paced, but it doesn't assume that people
taking the source have even heard of Smalltalk before they start.  it
covers design patterns and frameworks and I think of it as more of a
design course than a programming course, but it makes students
profient in Squeak.

The course will be taught over the internet this summer.  It is part
of our on-line masters program, but you don't have to join the program
to take the course.  See http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/online/courses.php

-Ralph Johnson