[Newbies] I've just introduced some 9th graders to Squeak

Henry Lenzi henry.lenzi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 19:22:45 UTC 2007

On 1/25/07, Russ <russvr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello. This is my first post to the beginners list. I've been a perpetual
> beginner since I first found out about Squeak over ten years ago ( can it
> really be that long ? at least somewhere at the beginning of ver. 1.x ) .
> Anyway, I'm not a programmer, I'm a musician and an explorer, and currently,
> a substitute teacher - teaching 9th graders (gifted ones at that) computer
Now what ? What should I do with Squeak and my 9th graders that will
> thrill them further ? Ideas ?

Hi Russ -

 This French page has many interesting projects:

http://www.ofset.org:8000/super/gallery

I think it might give you some ideas/inspiration.

 In addition to that, I think it promotes cultural values (learning
from people of a foreign country has intrinsic value - and it may
boost the morale of the 9th graders taking French as a second
language).

My 2 cents...

Cheers.

Henry Lenzi