[Newbies] virtual chemistry

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jan 31 14:14:55 UTC 2007

El 1/31/07 10:39 AM, "Ron Teitelbaum" <Ron at USMedRec.com> escribió:

> That is too cool!  The picture looks really neat.
>
> Nice work Edgar!  How did you use the program?
>
> I wonder if that's what Chuck had in mind?
>
> Ron

Believe or not, was my first try on Squeak, few days after I could have my
hands on Mark Guzdial book and CD some years ago.

Looking from today, code sucks !!!

But works, I load into in development 3.10 (Now what Ralph teach me, you
could expect a better SqueakChem next time)

Works as you is in Analytical Chemistry lab ( I was a chemist in a recent
life)

You could press the button and one incognita solution was created for you
could "find" what cations have clicking the funnels in the right order.

You have a help as what I send with tree view of steps of reactives
necessary to reach some cation , what always is a leaf in the tree.

If you do all in correct order, the glass change with some spots of color
according to what Vogel said you must have. (What in a real lab not always
is how the book said :=)

I do and teach to do this to my students at this time and some of they
produce a very improved version...what sorry I don't have.

I have a pile now with 3.10, but if some have interest I could translate "as
is now" for English and add to remote image for people test .

I send a pict as this list have a limit , the compressed morph for this is
92 k

I could produce all picts and put somewhere .
Edgar