[Newbies] SampleCode-ImageViewer

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 19:30:16 UTC 2007

> I send a attached of some old thing I do for showing how a slide show of
> picts could be made to some Squeaker.
>
> Don't take me as last word !
> I sure many could do same better.

Thanks, it's always good to see how someone else addresses the same problem.

> > but realised that image
> > handling on my Mac wasn't very fast,
> On which Mac ? How many picts ? I curious

1Ghz G4 PowerBook. Loading of pictures is very slow (eg > five seconds
per image IIRC) compared to the same code running on my work machine.
That's why I added in background loading and caching of images.

> Maybe a modification of BookMorph (as MiStack ) with cards holding say 50
> picts each and flipping the cards ...

I'd not thought of that approach, could be very useful

> Keep Squeaking and having fun !

Thanks,
Michael