[Newbies] Re: Proper fractions?

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Thu Jul 26 21:17:48 UTC 2007

Can the system come pre-programmed with every possible wish of every
client for every domain?

Propose your extensions, if use is sufficiently wide, they can
eventually be adopted in an official image.

I'm not sure this one will. It makes sense to you because the fraction
denominator is small, a rather ideal case (the quotations case i guess)
which does have full generallity.

Could you tell me what is 3 (39854788871587/281474976710656)?

We have plenty over ways to write fractions (continuous fraction
expansion would be one) depending on the domain we are operating...
Beside, since integerPart and fractionPart exists, extending is cheap.

Nicolas