[Newbies] Mophic scripts tiles vs textual code

David H. Shanabrook dhshanab at acad.umass.edu
Sun Jun 3 17:50:53 UTC 2007

Hi.

I am writing some simple morphic scripts.  It would be convenient to
use smalltalk directly, so I toggle the script to directly enter the
code.  But I am having problems, as it is not working.  If I uses
tiles to create a script and then toggle over to text mode, the
script looks like this for script "showa":

showa
	self setX: PolyZb getX.
	self setY: PolyZb getY.
	self setHeading: PolyZb getHeading.
	PolyZb hide.
	self show

I think when I type the script in directly it doesn't know how to
reference PolyZb (a polygon object I created).  Any help?  How does
this translation between morph object's name and the internal
SmallTalk name happen?

dhs

David H. Shanabrook
dhshanab at acad.umass.edu