[Newbies] Morphic event-handling confusion

Max OrHai max at nbtsc.org
Thu Mar 15 15:40:41 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 23:23 +1300, Michael van der Gulik wrote:

> Firstly, I might just make the point that Morphic is a pain to work
> with. I've often been at my wits end trying to work out what on earth it
> is doing and how to get it to behave. You're not the only one.

Oh, I know that. :-) I've heard plenty of complaints about how arcane
Morphic is. I figure, it's the easiest way to do graphics programming in
Squeak. Given all that it does, of course it's complex.

> handlesMouseStillDown: evt
>     ^ true
>
> mouseStillDown: evt
>     self position: evt hand position.

These apparently don't do anything. But, that's OK, because I can, as
Bert suggested, just send "evt hand #grabMorph: self".

Except, oops, that's NOT OK, because now mouseUp: apparently never gets
sent to my Morph.

So, I still need help. Thank you both very much.