[Newbies] Re: Squeak - for a different Summer of Code!

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 14:00:46 UTC 2007

On 16/03/07, Ron Teitelbaum <Ron at usmedrec.com> wrote:
> http://code.google.com/soc/
>
> Ron

I notice that there are projects in the SOC list for wxWidgets and
wxPython. I wonder if anyone would be prepared to mentor a student to
bring wxSqueak up to date with 3.9/3.10? I don't know if this is a
trival or a major task, but it would be a good opportunity to ensure
that any work on wxWidgets helps resolve any integration issues that
wxSqueak has (if any).

I've played with wxSqueak and thought that it was fun to use, but
would feel happier to start using it in anger if I could just load it
in  to an image from SqueakMap.

Does anyone actually use wxSqueak? Would it be useful to make it a
"full citizen"?

Michael