[Newbies] remove a method

pascal.vollmer at nexgo.de pascal.vollmer at nexgo.de
Sun Mar 18 22:53:20 UTC 2007

Hi,

I use Squeak 3.9#7067 and in one of my classes I would like to remove a method. In the last days I loaded several EToy-projects into my image.

Now, removal does not succeed and instead I get a

MessageNotUnderstood: SmallInteger>>pragmas.

Looking at the trace I understand that there is a sequence of actions to determine usage of the method to remove in other classes. This sequence stops at the class "Player78" which is in the category "UserObjects".
The check for "Player78" ends up in

CompiledMethod>>pragmas

which returns ^self properties pragmas and leads to the MessageNotUnderstood.

What is the right thing to do ? What is happening exactly ?

Regards
Pascal Vollmer

Pascal Vollmer
Email: pascal.vollmer at ieee.org

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  39,85 €  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2